Monday, April 26, 2010

My Birth

On Thursday March 25th, it was just another day for Mommy and me. She worked while I danced in her belly. Then, she noticed some light spotting which concerned her and caused her to contact her doctor's office. We were seen at the office later that day where we all thought everything was going to be okay. Instead, we were told that we had already dilated to three which confused me. I heard her cry as Daddy drove us over to the hospital. While things seemed to move so fast we were admitted and put on bed rest. The goal was to keep me inside for as long as we could. I was only 23 weeks and coming up to 24, but it was still too early. I heard all the noise going on outside and I knew Mommy was worried. Mommy was told how critical time was for me. I was monitored and so was Mommy. Then at 9:30 am on Friday March 26th Mommy's water broke. It seems I was quite anxious to meet my family and the world.

I, Ryan Makaio Banda, was born at 1:04 pm. Since I was coming down toes first (breech) I was removed from my Mommy's belly via C-Section. Before they whisked me off to the NICU they rested me right against my Mommy's cheek. I seemed to steal the show that day since I had all these pretty ladies (nurses) fussing over me.

So, at the moment my home is the Long Beach Memorial Children's Hospital NICU. I have my very own isolette decorated with my own blanket and picture of my parents. This will only be my home for awhile because I will be coming home to my Mommy and Daddy in July where I have my very own room.

No comments:

Post a Comment