Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hold Me Now


On Saturday April 24th I held my son close to my heart for the very first time. Ryan's primary nurse is so wonderful with letting me do as much for Ryan as I can While he rested in my arms listening to the familiar sound of my heartbeat, I felt peace. Martin captured the moment on video and with pictures. I love him so much and I can't wait for the days of kangaroo care.
Just in case your wondering what kangaroo care is I provided the following information.

Kangaroo care is the practice of holding your diapered baby on your bare chest, with a blanket draped over your baby's back. This skin-to-skin contact benefits both you and your baby. Kangaroo care can help your baby:

  • Maintain his body warmth
  • Regulate his heart and breathing rates
  • Gain weight
  • Spend more time being quiet and alert and less time crying
  • Have a better chance at successful breastfeeding

No comments:

Post a Comment