Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Melt With You

So an update on his previous week...
Ryan was off the vent on 05/24/2010 and back on the SiPap. He celebrated his two month birthday (Yippee!!) with toleration of 2 cc every 3 hours on his feeds and few tremors. From his latest head ultrasound we were advised that there was slight growth of fluid in the brain. This could mean a shunt in the future, but at this time it is unknown,his neurologist and neonatologists arefollowing him closely. He moved up to 3 cc every 3 hours and finished his antibiotics on 05/28/2010.

On Sunday he had quite an apnea spell which is when these preemies stop breathing. It's very common and most of the time through stimulation they come out of it pretty quick. Of course, I was scared crazy trying to stimulate him. It was so hard to watch him decrease in heart rate and turn pale blue, but with some O2 assistance he came out of it. I must say he's been doing great when it comes to his respiratory and the whole incident was unlike him, but this just tells me we still have a ways to go. After, his brief spell he's been doing great. I think every once in a while he likes to age me.

My gracious God I love the child you've sent down from heaven for me. You've given me a perfect reflection of your love and image. The gift you offer from your kingdom is amazing. No words could express my gratitude, but for all my days I will love your child, who is now my child. In your name and all my knees I pray in your name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. hey mrs. banda i hope you remember me from CTP i'm Maira OƱate and i was so happy to here about you and even happier when i heard that you had had a baby boy! congratulations! I just wanted to let you know that i am here for you all the way! my sister was also born premature so i know what you are going through and i know it is so hard and scary at times but i am positive that everything will work out for you and your family and that god will keep Ryan safe. please feel free to contact me @ monate15@aol.com, if you or your family need anything i am here, my family and me have ryan in our prayers. i love you mrs. banda!

    ReplyDelete