Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yummy! Yummy!


There’s a huge milestone to report with Ryan. I’m excited with all my heart to announce that Ryan received a feeding tube yesterday and he had his very first feeding of my breast milk. Now it’s a small dose (1 cc), but it’s an amazing step. This means that they feel confident that his gut is working the way it should. Just a few days ago the surgeon had looked over his incision and his ostomy is working well. Ryan receiving the breast milk will be a huge benefit to his immune system and growth. Last night, Martin and I took part in his second feeding. While, I gave him milk through the feeding tube, Martin gave Ryan oral care. He loved that so much, moving his tongue swirling it around and just opens his mouth up wider for more. I also, was able to hold him close to my heart again. I never want to let him go once he’s in my arms, but I must. I’m just so fortunate that he’s doing so well and that the nurses feel comfortable to allow us these moments.
Overall, Ryan has many good days and he has shown a great deal of consistency which we are most thankful for. We ask for continued prayer as healing continues under the hands of Gods through nurses and doctors. We are blessed beyond words for all the prayers and most grateful for the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment